The Palm House, built in 1869, is one of the largest constructions of its kind in Europe. Aside from an impressive collection of subtropical palms, it also hosts giant shrubs, tree ferns, and numerous tropical foliage plants, creating the impression of a lush tropical landscape.
A grotto under a mound displays a colorful underwater world. Throughout the year, the galleries adjoining the Palm House feature alternating exhibitions, including traditional shows of spring flowers, camellias, azaleas, roses, orchids, and autumn flowers in varying arrangements. Particularly popular are exhibitions on different botanical topics, for which detailed printed documentation is made available. The galleries also serve as an ideal venue for artists to present their work.